Vinyl windows are growing in popularity and can be found in many Ventura homes. They are sturdy, require little maintenance, and are incredibly energy efficient. Vinyl replacement windows come in a wide variety of color and styles and can easily compliment the interior and exterior décor of your home. Choosing vinyl windows for your home can help reduce your monthly energy bill and even add to your home’s resale value. If you do choose to go with vinyl windows, there are a few factors you should keep in mind when shopping for the right ones:
- Pay attention to construction quality: Quality vinyl windows contain additives that protect your windows from brittleness, yellowing or fading. The frame and sash extrusions will have welded corners and plenty of internal air chambers to contribute to its rigidity, insulation, and strength.
- Check the glass: You want to get the most out of the glass panes that come with your window. Double panes with warm-edge spacers minimize heat loss and reduce the effects of UV damage.
- Understand the Warranty: Quality vinyl windows often come with a “double lifetime” warranty that will protect you from any potential issues like condensation between the panes.
- Always read the fine print: When shopping for vinyl windows always look for energy-star qualified units. These windows are the gold standard in efficiency and in preventing air infiltration. They have been verified by the National Fenestration Rating Council. If the window has Gold Seal Certification from the American Architectural Manufacturers Association than they have also passed a strict structural-integrity test.
- Examine the care instructions: Vinyl windows are generally low maintenance, but you should be able to ask to see the care instructions prior to purchasing. Look for double-hung windows that tilt, as they are the easiest to clean and do not require a ladder. Be sure to never use a pressure washer on vinyl windows, as it can potentially damage the seals and break the glass.
- Consider color options: Vinyl windows are available in a wide variety of colors and styles. You are likely to find a perfect color match or contrast color for the trim of your home.
- Check for cost efficiency: Quality vinyl windows are still fairly affordable when compared to other window options. The good news is that when it’s time to resell your home you can expect a 73% return on investment when you install vinyl replacement windows.
No matter what type of window you are shopping for, it’s always wise to discuss your purchase with a windows replacement Ventura, CA specialist. Our qualified team can help you find the perfect window style for your home, and answer any questions you may have throughout the process. In addition to helping you shop for vinyl windows, they can also show you to our wide selection of wood, fiberglass, and composite frame materials. You can call us for window advice at (805) 984-5895 or visit us in the store at 1430 S Oxnard Blvd. Oxnard, CA 93030.